7 Tips on Hardwood Flooring Protection 7 Tips on Hardwood Flooring Protection
free shipping on orders above $99
Hardwood floors are an investment within the value of your property; protection of those floors is important with the intention to retain the great thing about your investment for years to come. Simple steps might be taken that can provide really big pay offs in the long term by permitting you to keep away from the expensive and time consuming process of refinishing your floors more often. It is also necessary to do not forget that every time your floors are refinished you might be truly removing a number of the wood that makes up your flooring. The less grinding you should do to your hardwood floors, the longer they’ve the potential to last.
Must-Do Hardwood Floor Protection Ideas
1) Use rugs and carpets with the intention to protect highly traveled areas of your floors. Through the use of carpets and rugs in high traffic areas, you are minimizing the publicity of your floors to precise damage not only from visitors but also drops, spills, splatters, and any exposure to dust and different particles that the carpet shields your floors from.
2) Place rubber mats in entrance of sinks or tubs to prevent unnecessary publicity to water in these areas. Water might not only warp your hardwood floors it also can cause stains or ‘water spots’ which can be very unappealing.
3) Use a dehumidifier in toilet floors in an effort to remove moisture from the air and limiting the publicity your wooden floors have to that moisture. This may even assist limit the swelling and contracting of your floors attributable to humidity and steam.
four) Never wear shoes that may damage your hardwood floors on them. Heels, golf shoes, and another shoes with either cleats are scratchy bottoms can deliver all types of problems to your lovely hardwood.
5) Trim the nails are of your canines and cats with a purpose to prevent pointless scratches to your hardwood floors. For those who can hear their nails on your floors, it’s time for a trim.
6) Use protectors on the legs of all furniture to protect your floors.
7) Never drag furniture across your hardwood floors. If you happen to should move it, use a hand truck or have a pal aid you lift the furniture before moving it. Should you should drag furniture across the floor, slide a small rug beneath the legs of your furniture before moving it.
Keep in mind that when it comes to protecting your hardwood floors from damage, every ounce of prevention is value a lot of money in a cure.