7 Tips on Hardwood Flooring Protection 7 Tips on Hardwood Flooring Protection
free shipping on orders above $99
Hardwood floors are an investment within the value of your private home; protection of those floors is necessary in an effort to retain the fantastic thing about your funding for years to come. Simple steps may be taken that will provide really big pay offs in the long run by permitting you to keep away from the costly and time consuming process of refinishing your floors more often. It is also vital to remember that each time your floors are refinished you are really removing a number of the wood that makes up your flooring. The less grinding it’s essential to do to your hardwood floors, the longer they’ve the potential to last.
Should-Do Hardwood Floor Protection Tips
1) Use rugs and carpets with the intention to protect highly traveled areas of your floors. By utilizing carpets and rugs in high visitors areas, you’re minimizing the publicity of your floors to actual damage not only from visitors but additionally drops, spills, splatters, and any publicity to filth and different debris that the carpet shields your floors from.
2) Place rubber mats in entrance of sinks or tubs to forestall unnecessary exposure to water in these areas. Water could not only warp your hardwood floors it may also cause stains or ‘water spots’ which can be very unappealing.
3) Use a dehumidifier in bathroom floors in an effort to remove moisture from the air and limiting the publicity your wooden floors must that moisture. This will also help limit the swelling and contracting of your floors as a result of humidity and steam.
4) Never wear shoes that may damage your hardwood floors on them. Heels, golf shoes, and any other shoes with either cleats are scratchy bottoms can carry all types of problems to your stunning hardwood.
5) Trim the nails are of your dogs and cats with a purpose to forestall pointless scratches to your hardwood floors. In case you can hear their nails in your floors, it’s time for a trim.
6) Use protectors on the legs of all furniture to protect your floors.
7) By no means drag furniture throughout your hardwood floors. If you happen to should move it, use a hand truck or have a pal enable you lift the furniture before moving it. If you should drag furniture throughout the floor, slide a small rug beneath the legs of your furniture before moving it.
Keep in mind that when it comes to protecting your hardwood floors from damage, each ounce of prevention is value some huge cash in a cure.